Saturday, August 16, 2008

Week 8, # 18: David and Goliath

Zoho writer is impressive. It has most of Word's functionality; it's free; it makes documents online accessible; it allows for group access; and it gives you the code for posting into blogs like this. The only things I ponder are these: security, privacy in relation to the Patriot Act, the use of the emails to which we send the documents. I'm pretty sure these have all been considered.

The question becomes: Will people move away from the established industry standard Microsoft Word for an upstart program?

Here's the silly sample I did. You can look at it by accessing it via a link: http://writer.zoho.com/public/msm114/csla-%2318

Or you can view it on a webpage because I inserted the HTML code provided by Zoho:

1 comment:

Mrs M said...

this is the best blog I've ever read